About clientOur Client - RWE - is a German multinational energy company headquartered in Essen. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, RWE aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. The portfolio is based on offshore and onshore wind, solar, hydrogen, batteries, biomass and gas. The company is driving the expansion of renewables in over 20 countries on five continents. North America, core markets in Europe and the Asia-Pacific region are the key focus of RWE investment activity. With an international team of around 19 000 employees, they are drivers of the energy transition and leaders of the way to a green energy world.
The wind power industry is growing and RWE wants to strengthen their team in Baltic’s with a Senior Legal Counsel to their offshore department. As a member of RWE team you will work together with motivated and knowledgably colleagues where your contribution will be an important part of RWE Renewables' journey for a sustainable energy production.
- Advise the business on permitting and planning procedures, environmental legal topics, as well as work with expert advisors on obtaining permits and other consents required for the development, construction and/or operation of offshore renewables projects;
- Develop, assess and coordinate permitting strategies, as well as overlook project development legal paths;
- Advise the business on real estate and property law matters, including drafting and negotiation of options, leases and easements for onshore cable routes and substations of offshore renewables projects and expropriation/compulsory right procedures;
- Advise the business on obtaining the right to generate energy, on grid connection matters, renewables regulatory, subsidy regimes, offtake auctions or on other specific electricity legislation and regulation;
- Evaluate impact of global green policies onto the business, provide legal advice and risk assessments of greenfield sites;
- Provide legal support to establish and maintain the projects’ compliance with applicable laws and regulations throughout the projects’ lifetime, including the development of respective guidelines and processes;
- Assist and manage the legal interface in route-to-market and transactions relating to the commercialization of electricity, in M&A and joint-venture transactions and in legal matters during the construction & operations phase;
- Establish and nurture effective cross-functional and cross-cultural working relationships with legal but also business colleagues in the regions of interest and the wider RWE group.
- University degree in law with distinction, qualified as a solicitor in the Lithuania and has exceptional legal instinct;
- At least 5+ years of working experience in an energy practice in an international law firm or company, preferably in the renewables energy sector;
- Thorough expertise at least in one of the following legal areas and openness to become an expert in the others: (Renewables) Energy Regulatory matters, Permitting, Planning, Consenting, Real Estate, Infrastructure Projects, and/or Environmental Law;
- Fluency in Lithuanian and in English languages;
- The ability to handle multiple tasks, take on new responsibilities and prioritize work in a dynamic, deadline-intensive environment;
- Commercial and technical understanding of large industrial projects and good understanding of how best support them from the legal point of view;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, customer-orientation and communication skills, solution-oriented mindset;
- Project management or project leadership experience is beneficial;
- Open for some international travels.
- A unique opportunity to work on high profile and complex renewable energy projects and with your work to make a positive changes in the world!
- Varied and interesting work that contributes to the green energy transition;
- Supportive, energetic and a highly skilled international team;
- Opportunity to share knowledge and offer ideas across functions;
- Hybrid work model and flexible working hours;
- A room for growth and development within the company;
- Salary range for this position is from 3000 to 6600 Eur gross/month.
Only selected candidates will be informed, confidentiality is guaranteed. By sending Your CV You express your consent that „CVO Recruitment“ would manage your personal data for your possible employment opportunities both at „CVO Recruitment“ and/or clients of „CVO Recruitment“. You have the right to cancel your agreement anytime; manage, change and/or ask to delete Your provided personal data. More